COVID-19 Pandemic Business Update
June 29th, 2020
The safety of our customers and our staff is the most important factor we considered when preparing this policy. We also considered the guidelines set out by the Government of Ontario, feedback from our customers, and feedback from our employees and installers.
In our showroom:
The following are the steps we’ve taken to ensure the safety of our customers and that of our staff:
- By appointment only: We are committed to keeping our customers safe. Opening by appointment only will allow us to ensure our samples are safe to handle and will allow us the opportunity to sanitize them between customers.
- Social distancing: We will be observing social distancing recommendations and enforcing them.
- Hand washing: Our staff have been instructed to wash their hands between customers and to use hand sanitizer if washing is not possible.
- Showroom sanitizing: Our showroom is being sanitized multiple times per day with an emphasis placed on door handles, samples, and other items that are frequently handled.
- By order of the Medical Officer of Health:
- You must wear a mask while in our showroom.
- You must use hand sanitizer upon entering our showroom.
- Contact tracing: We are having all customers, visiting our showroom, complete a form for the purpose of contact tracing.
The following are the steps we’ve taken to ensure the safety of our customers and that of our installers:
- Transportation: If our installation crew consists of more than one installer, they will each travel to and from jobs in separate vehicles. Only installers from the same household will be permitted to travel together.
- Social distancing: Our installers will practice social distancing and do their best to maintain at least two meters of separation between them and others.
- Hand washing: Our installers will wash their hands regularly with soap and water where available. They will be provided with hand sanitizer for use where soap and water aren’t available.
- Equipment sanitization: Our installers have been provided surface disinfectant and instructions to sanitize their equipment regularly throughout the workday.
- Right to refuse work: Our installers understand their right to refuse work should they feel unsafe in the workplace.
In addition to the above, we will make sure the following criteria are met while we are on jobsites:
- We will only visit job sites where we are the only trade working. If we are installing floors and another trade is present i.e. painters, plumbers, electricians, etc. we will leave the job site and postpone the installation. The jobs will be re-scheduled as quickly as possible.
- We ask that, in the case of residential or commercial renovations, customers vacate the premise while we are working. If this is not possible, we ask that customers vacate the areas in which we are working and refrain from entering those spaces while we are onsite.
- We will reach out to customers prior to their installation date to arrange for entry to job sites in a way that minimizes contact between them and our installers.
- We will request that job sites be as sanitized as possible prior to our arrival.
We appreciate your patience as we endeavour to safely return to work!
You’ll never find a cheap floor at Clayton Flooring Inc. but that doesn’t mean you won’t find the best value! We’ve chosen our product offering to ensure that you get a floor that will last, look great, and perform the way you would expect.
Our installers have over 100 years of combined installation experience. They are our partners and have a vested interest in every floor they install. When you chose Clayton Flooring Inc. to install your floor you get peace of mind in knowing it’ll be done right!
It’s not fair to charge you for the opportunity to provide you with a quote. At Clayton Flooring Inc. there is never a charge for an in-house estimate and there is never an obligation to buy.